Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Master Cleanse Day 7

5:25 am:  I just finished drinking the salt water flush.  As the days go by and my stomach isn't super stretched out, the flush seems harder and harder to take in all at once.  Right now my stomach is bloated, overfull, and I really hope it goes through my system fast!  So no cheating since Day 4, and I can finally say that the results of that are starting to show through.  I also up'ed my water in-take.  I think we take it for granted a little too much that all of my hydration on this cleanse comes from the lemonade.  Not really the case.  I also got a GREAT tip from youtube (my current obsession) on how to lessen the effect of the senna tea.  Now that I am letting the bags steep for long enough, I am experiencing those old familiar cramps in the middle of the night again, and I have found that drinking water directly after the senna tea, and then in the morning if I am awakened by the urge to go-- also pushing some water at that point, has been hugely helpful in lessening the amount of cramping, and in removing waste products from my bowel.  Also, last night, I managed to drag myself to the gym where I was pleasantly surprised to find an 8pm yoga class.  I have never been able to attend this because of having Anneke, however I was able to attend, so I ran out and got my trusty mat out of my car, and had a wonderful yoga class! I then was feeling so good I did 1.5 miles on the treadmill.  I was able to run in 1 min spurts.  I hope I can work my way up again, it felt sooo good to be able to run again.  Minimal ankle pain, and I didn't wear a brace.  So when I stepped on the scale this morning, it read 177.0 lbs.  That is a 5.5 lb weight loss in 7 days of the cleanse. I am actually really happy with that number, and if I just go 10 days on the cleanse, I am ok with this as a starting point for me embracing the McDougall diet.  In fact, before I come off of the master cleanse, I will purchase and read the McDougall book so I can be prepared to start making my own meals again.  I can already see where I was going absolutely wrong with my vegan diet in the past, slathering on the oil because I thought that was the healthy thing to do!
One physical change I can note today is that my skin feels exceptionally soft!  My boobs feel much looser, my stomach doesn't feel bloated anymore, and actually looks a LOT flatter.  /Also, you can start to see the little bones in the back of my hand-- well, the tendons anyway.  This is always a good sign!  I am going to continue with the yoga and walking/running because my body really really misses those things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment