Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Master Cleanse Day 1

Trying to complete the first day of this master cleanse. I think the first day is always the toughest because you haven't fully committed until that second salt water flush. That marks the official complete day of cleansing out the system in my mind, so any time before that is dangerous because I am more likely to bail! I have gone all day just polishing off one jug of juice, moving onto my second. I don't mind, however, because This first day I need to push as many fluids as I can get my hands on! The fast began with a rush of emotion last night when I decided that I was really really tired of feeling the way I do, and looking the way I look, when I am trying to eat healthy. I am essentially a vegan. I don't eat dairy, or meat, and I minimize the processed foods as much as possible, however over the past year since going vegetarian (only been vegan for ~` month), I have gained weight! As I read more, I realize this is not uncommon. Also, a month ago I got my stress under control, started going to the gym, and stopped drinking alcohol. I have essentially lost 8 lbs in several months of doing this. I know I haven't been doing lots of cardio, but I twisted my ankle badly, so I am limited in what I can do at the moment. I am actually doing quite well with my ankle and I think I will be back up to 80% in a few weeks. Most importantly, I am not regular! You would think that with all of the veggies and fiber I get, that I would be regular, but I am not-- I am far from it, and I always felt bloated, like I had an intestine full of waste that wouldn't come out. But back to the story of the start of this cleanse.

I decided to do it last night, but I didn't feel like doing the senna tea, and I got really hungry! So I ate a peach, and went to sleep. In the morning I did the salt water flush. I was afraid I was going to gag and throw it back up, but I got it all down with my straw technique-- old trusty method. I then waited, and waited. And waited. Nothing was happening, then an hour or so into it, I felt a small gurgle. But nothing came out-- I sat on the toilet and pushed, and pushed-- still nothing. I then decided that because I didn't do the senna tea, I was plugged up-- I felt soooo bloated because I was full of waste and now a quart of salt water that wanted to make its way down. I then felt like I had to go, but to my dismay, it was only gas! So I turned to an enema. Once I did the enema, a "plug" of solid waste came shooting out (after several minutes of hanging upside down to keep it in), and then the water black fluid started pouring out of me. And pouring. And pouring. I must have gone to the bathroom about twenty times over the course of 3 to 4 hours! I have never seen my insides look this bad and gunked up-- which is weird because I am eating "cleaner" than I ever have in my life. Then again, I am taking vitamin D and iron supplements, along with a multivitamin... Anyway, I finally unchained myself from the bathroom. It is now 4:30 pm, and I am deciding whether or not I want to actually go to a yoga class. I haven't been able to motivate myself to do anything! I am just sitting here really, but I just drank a glass of water, and that made me feel really good! I will check in later just to make sure I am still on track!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment