Sunday, August 8, 2010

Master Cleanse Day 5 (recap of day 4 and cheating!!)

So I have made it to day 5 of the cleanse!!!!  Well, sort of... you see, I cheated, and when I say cheated, I mean totally went crazy eating popcorn and some graham crackers, which are two of the few foods I actually have in my house.  This was the end of day 3.  I decided to quit, then I decided that if I quit, I would still be fat!!  So I reconsidered, and I just did the tea that night, and in the morning I drank the salt water flush, and of course nothing was coming out.  The thing about the salt water flush for me is that it will just fill me up too much, and not go anywhere if I have eaten any solids.  I did my trick with the enema to get things moving, and then it was a show!  Plenty of stuff came out!  I am glad, however, that I actually went ahead and got back on the fast.  I weighed in on day 4 at 179.0, which (sadly) is a weight I haven't been below in a long long time.  March of 2009 I weighed 161, and then I had some very sad things happen in my life, and I packed on weight.  I can honestly say that I felt so good at 161, and I plan on revisiting that weight!!  So back to the present.  I didn't weigh myself this morning, but I am looking forward to weighing myself on tomorrow morning.  I have been averaging 2 jugs of juice, and I have been switching up the juice, substituting lemons and limes to keep things interesting.  Also, sometimes I drink out of a wine glass, and sometimes I drink out of my new coffee cup travel mug.  I love it!  I find that a secret to staying on this thing and not getting that bored is to fill your life with stuff that has nothing to do with food, and to drink the juice out of lovely cups or glasses, anything you really enjoy.  It is like a celebration or something.  Sometimes I drink it warm, but most of the time on ice.  So my other bout with cheating was a few drinks very late on day 4, however I didn't eat anything, and I can say that I made the decision to be flexible enough to not let minor "cheats" derail my progress.  It is exceptionally hard to go in the grocery store-- I am now so sensitive to the smells and the sights!!  I finally feel like I am gaining a little bit of energy.  I was able to go for a walk today, and my ankle is starting to feel a heck of a lot better.  I was even able to run a little!  That was exciting for me.  I am really looking forward to the running, and I hope to even incorporate a little yoga.  I am really using this time to find myself, and to remember who and what I am.  The last time I did this fast successfully, it was for a total of 7 days.  I am hoping that I can go past 7 days.  My throat is now no longer sore, and I can even say that my tongue is starting to clear up a bit!  Not quite as fuzzy and white/greenish anymore.  I did have a strange red/dry patch of skin pop up on my face, which I can't remember having that often in the past, but i am not sure it is related to the fast.  I honestly do feel like I really really needed to do this fast for my digestion.  I think when I do reintroduce solid food, I will do it slow enough to recognize the things that my body can tolerate, and the things that I was eating that were making me feel super sluggish, etc.  I will make a commitment now to update this blog daily while on the cleanse.  Even if I cheat, or am not feeling good about it or want to quit...  I am so proud of myself for staying on this long!  Maybe I can do this for an extended period- who knows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment